The Higonokami is a traditional Japanese pocketknife. The blade is made out of carbon steel or high grade Aogami "Blue Paper" Steel. At this moment Motosuke Naga, a fourth generation blacksmith, is the only person actively making the true Higonokami knife. The most well known model is the Sada Kama, which comes in various sizes and materials. The Japanese characters on the handle are those of master blacksmith Naga. The Aogami steel blades as well as the S5K blades have the characters for that type of steel engraved at the base of the blade. We are proud to offer a wide range of these very special little knives.
Please take a look at our blog post on the history of the Higonokami here.
- Dimensions: Overall length with open blade 17 cm / 6,6 inch. Closed 11 cm / 4,3 inch. Blade length 7,5 cm / 2,9 inch
- Material: Brass housing and Aogami "Blue Paper" Steel blade
To find out more about the Higonokami and its rich history, read our blog post.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.