This recreation is based closely on the original World War Two design from 1943 but has the advantage that it is now equipped with a high-performance self-winding 24 jewel mechanical movement. The watches at the time were made in a variety of slightly different styles by Elgin, Bulova and Waltham but were all based on an original US government specification laid down at the time. This watch is closest in appearance to the Elgin 539 which used a 15 or 16 jewel movement and were made for the USAAF between 1940 and 1945. The original watch was made from plated base metal (to save steel) but this modern recreation is solid stainless steel so it should stand the test of time better than the originals.
- Width Inc Crown: 38mm
- Width Exc Crown: 36mm
- Thickness: 12.9mm
- Lug Size: 18mm
- Lug to lug is 43mm
- Lug Type: Spring
- Dial Colour: Black
- Case Material: 316L stainless steel
- Caseback: Screw-down 316L stainless steel
- Crown: 316L stainless steel
- Water Resistance: 3 atm (30m)
- Movement: 24 Jewel Automatic
- Glass: Plexiglass / Acrylic
- Luminous Material: Luminova
- Serial number on caseback
- Strap: 18mm
- Supplied in a gift box
MWC is now one of the world's leading suppliers of robust military specification timepieces, not just to individual buyers and the military but also to police forces, anti-terrorist units, airlines, mining companies, shipping and salvage companies and a diverse variety of government agencies and departments. Their main design office, accounts, and contract sales staff are still based in Zürich, Switzerland where the company began in 1974.
- The Netherlands: EUR 5,- Free over EUR 50,- (Free returns)
- Europe: EUR 11,- to EUR 22,50 Free over EUR 150.-
- Rest of the World: EUR 25,- Free over EUR 200,-
Please follow this link for full shipping and return info and for estimated delivery times. Or pick up in one of our stores.